Winter is here and going out for chinese food isn’t really an option where I live. So, I made myself a Stir fry with a twist.
- 1 Kilo Chicken Breasts, sliced into 1 cm strips
- 2 Sweet Peppers cut into 2 cm Strips sideways
- 1 White Onion sliced
- 6 Broccoli florets
- 1 can Baby corn cut into chunks
- 5 Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger diced
- 1 /2 tsp salt
- A handful of Bean sprouts
- Coriander leaves for decoration and flavor
- Vegetable and sesame oil for frying
For the Orange Soy sauce:
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 3 tbls Soy sauce
- 1 tbls Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbls Cornstarch to thicken
- Slice the chicken breast in slices and place in bowl. Let a kettle of hot water boil and pour over the chicken breasts until you see no more pink on the chicken. Drain. Put aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except the corn starch for the sauce in a pot and let boil. once boiled add the cornstarch and put aside to cool.
- Prepare all the vegetables for the stir fry in a separate bowl.
- Add some vegetable oil to your frying pan and a couple of dashes of sesame oil too. First add the garlic and let it brown. Then add the rest of the vegetables except the bean sprouts and fry until Al-dente. Add the chicken and salt and fry until the flavors combine.
- Pour on the sauce and let cook for 2 minutes until the sauce get absorbed. then add the bean sprouts, and take off the fire.
- Decorate with fresh coriander and serve on a bed of rice of your choice.