This recipe is as simple as it comes. Serve it with a side of rice or couscous!
- 2.5 kilo lamb shoulder whole, bone in
- 2\3 cup olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic mashed to a paste
- 1\4 cup parsley, minced
- 1\4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbls Kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Special equipment: A roasting pan with a rack
- Preheat the oven to 175c
- Mix together all the spices with the olive oil, excluding the salt and pepper
- Use the salt and pepper to season the lamb, and then cover the lamb with the olive oil mixture
- Place the lamb on the rack in a roasting pan. Add 1 cup of water and a half a cup of olive oil to the bottom of the pan( this is for basting, make sure the liquids don’t touch the lamb)
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes, while basting the lamb once or twice
- Cover the lamb for another 2 hours while basting the meat every 45 minutes
- Remove the lamb and let cool off a bit and then remove the bone, it should come right off.
- For gravy: Take all the juices left over in the pan and add 1 cup of red wine and 2 tsp corn starch and reduce for 10 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!