Everyone is into quinoa these days, so here is my special quinoa recipe I learnt at chef school
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 cooked beets
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbls of balsamic vinegar
- Fillet of 1 orange and the juice squeezed out of it
- 1 bunch of fresh mint chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Saute the red onion until browned.
- Once everything is cooked, mix the rest of the ingredients together and serve cold.
Recipe for Kadaif Beef Nests
A very easy recipe and looks very impressive as well.
- 1 Package of ready to go Kadaif dough
- 1\2 kilo ground beef
- 3 tsp pine nuts
- 1 onion diced
- 3 dates diced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 tsp Ras al Hanut
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- Take the ready-made kadaif dough and place in cupcake tin and create a pocket for the beef filling, spray the tin with oil. Turn your oven on 180c and bake the dough until firm and golden brown.
- For the beef filling: Saute the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until it’s broken down and nice and brown.
- Drain the excess liquid from the ground beef and add the ras al hanut and dates.
- In a different pan toast the pine nuts until they have a smokey essence.
- Combine all the ingredients together and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with a nice yellow tahini sauce or a tomato chutney.
This recipe is a Greek inspired dish. very easy to make and tastes delicious.
- 1 Whole chicken butterflied but still connected
- Juice from 1 lemon + zest
- 1\2 cup of olives
- 2 tbls butter flavored margarine
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbls oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Pre-heat oven on 175c.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon, lemon zest, salt, pepper and oregano and mix together until the flavors merry.
- Butterfly your chicken(that it still stays connected)
- Put the chicken on a baking dish and place the butter under the skin covering the chicken breast.
- Brush the marinade on the chicken and place the olives on the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake uncovered for an hour and fifteen minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Restaurant reviews, recipes and all about food in Israel