A modern topping on a classic dish!
For the Latkes:
- 5 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tbls chives, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1\4 tsp black pepper
- 1\3 cup of flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1\2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with no seeds
- juice from 1 lemon
- a bunch of cilantro(2-3 tbls)
- Salt and pepper, for flavor
- Combine the ingredients for the latkes in a mixing bowl. Mix until the spices blend.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high flame and add the oil until it shimmers.
- Measure out a tbls of the mixture and place in hot pan, and flatten.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides. Place on a paper towel when finished frying to absorb the extra oil.
- For the Salsa: Combine ingredients for the salsa and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with sour cream too and Happy Chanukah!