One of my favorite spice blends is definitely Ras-el-Hanut. A Moroccan spice blend composed from 30 different spices that are full of body and flavor that will give any protein you use a very cool and different flavor your palate is used to. You can pick it up at any fresh spices store or packaged in certain shops. So here is a recipe that I came up with, how to use this spice blend to the max, and keep it simple as well:
- 1\2 Kilo ground beef or lamb or chicken
- 1 Onion Diced small
- 2 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbls minced corriander
- 1-3 tsp of Ras-el-Hanut spice blend depends on how strong you like it
- Salt&Pepper for flavor
- 1 Package of Phyllo Dough
- oil for frying
- 1 egg for coating
- topping of choice: Dried parsley, sesame seeds,
- Place a frying pan on a high heat and saute the onions and garlic until translucent and add the ground meat and brown.
- Add the spices and herbs to the meat mixture and drain the excess liquid from the pan and fix the seasoning if necessary.
- While the meat mixture cools down, turn your oven on 175c.
- Take the phyllo out of the package and follow the instructions on the package on how to fold the dough into the shape you’d like your pastry.
- Brush and seal the dough with the egg wash, then coat the dough with the egg and add topping of choice.
- Bake until golden brown.
Serve hot with a tahini dipping sauce. Enjoy!