Adobo sauce is called for in many Mexican or Philippine style dishes. But sadly in Israel we don’t have adobo peppers so here a different way to make home made Adobo Sauce:
- 3 grilled red jalapeno peppers
- 1 grilled red bell pepper
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbls apple cider vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse everything into thick paste and store it in the refrigerator in a container with a tight lid.
- Thin the adobo paste with 1/4 cup tomato sauce before use.
- Lasts up to 3 months.