This is a tomato sauce that can be put on anything!
- 1 Onion, cubed
- 3 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Carrot, cubed
- 4 cloves of crushed
- 1 Can of crushed tomatoes
- 100 grams Tomato paste
- 1 tbls paprika
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbls fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1\2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- If you’d like, a pinch of cumin
- Olive oil for frying
- Sweat the vegetables and garlic in a pot.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Add all the spices and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring down to a simmer and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Blend the sauce, and let simmer for another hour.
- Fix seasoning, and serve on anything!
2 thoughts on “Restaurant style Tomato Sauce”
I never put carrot into my tomato sauce. This looks interesting. Will give it a try soon 🙂
i’m using your recipe tonight for my pizza sauce! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!