A great refreshing lebanese salad, good for any meal. You can add pomegranates, feta cheese or whatever you want to this salad and it will still taste great. (if you’re in a hurry, you can swap out the bulgar for couscous)
- 1 cup of bulgar
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cucmber finely diced
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbls mint finely chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups water
- Boil the bulgar in the 2 cups of water. Cooked until soft.
- Place the bulgar in a mixing bowl and let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Add to the bowl all the vegetables, herbs , lemon juice, olive oil and spices, and mix well until the flavors blend.
- Add what else you want to the salad and serve cold.
One thought on “Tabooleh Salad”
You can even just pour hot water over the bulgar and leave it to soak. Use a little less water perhaps and then it can soak up more of the vegetable juices.